View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Tilde88
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashing Instructions to Ensure Full ROM Functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
While the effort is appreciated, the guide seems excessive and partially inaccurate.

Look at what you posted:

How do you put the battery back in, if it was in already?

If you are really worried about a "clean flash", I would suggest the following process instead:

1. Flash to your ship rom
2. Let it load until the first "tap here" screen
3. Plug in phone and flash custom rom.
4. Let it fully load, and then do a "clear storage" -- start>settings>system>clear storage
5. Let it fully load, and enjoy.

Honestly, however this is often not necessary, especially if the chef of the custom rom uses a good xip based on the stock rom in the visual kitchen.
This was a copy paste from my original posting... And i missed that part on the editing, thanks. As far as the ship rom, when flashing a new ROM, the old cache which was from the Shipped ROM flash will remain there until reflashed as posted. I assure that this method works and clears the old cached files which can at times be problamatic to a different ROM. Please don't depreciate my post by going against a proved method.
Thanks again for pointing out the typo

EDIT UPDATE:
Groove lol I had actually already posted to remove the battery in step #2. You must have skipped it, because I went back to add the take the battery out part to see it was in the above step.
Thanks anyway...
Your welcome

Last edited by Tilde88; 08-08-2009 at 12:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.