View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Telus TP2 .. gps not working ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by destitute View Post
I initially had issues getting GPS to lock on the TP2. Even standing in a field on a clear day I waited for 5 minutes and still didn't get any sats!

Anyone having issue with GPS should try running the GPS Registry Settings cab from the diamond forum: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639

Since installing that I am locking on 5-9 sats in google maps within seconds.

O'Neil Mitchell: most sats i've seen in google maps is 11 so far.
Did you also perform the PQST gpsOne changes in that post or just install the cab? I tried to follow the gpsOne instructions, but found out the link to QPST was to an older revision (v2.7 Build 301) that does not work with the TP2. I installed build 323 and that was able to identify the phone. I could read the values from the phone, but got an error writing the updated values back....NV_READONLY_S....

I re-ran QPST and re-read the values and they were written / saved though.

Curious if anyone knows if the gpsOne changes are really required???

I keep getting the "Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" message....even though GPS must be locking okay because it shows me where I am