View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Masterface7
PPCGeeks Regular

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 8/2/09] WDM's MEGA ROM 2 w/ SYS 23016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
I know you are on vaca WDM but I've been testing this out a bunch and run into a bunch of stability problems. (Had to go back to NFS's ROM)

1. When I install Opera and try to run it, Opera freezes on loading and will not load.
2. When I install a reskinned taskbar, the start menu stops working and none of the icons on the taskbar show up.
3. When I try to install any of the other HTC Mega CABs (ie phone canvas, volume, etc), the phone locks up completely and has to be hard reset.

All in all, the ROM seems to run completely fine, quick, responsive, and smooth, until I try to install anything. Dunno what is causing that, but I hope my info helps.
Dido for me too, with opera 9.5 and opera 9.7, Also i installed touchpal and it said it didn't have enough memory to load the skin and had to HR. I wish there was a way to run roms like android runs without changing the device, so that we could use and try more experimental roms, and then go back to more stable ones like the generic diamond themed 6.5 easily and quickly. This one still is great to experiment with, not a whole lot of people are releasing cooked m2d2, using this rom was the only way i have gotten any of the new enhancements to work for me like notifications, menu or message.

side note: using this rom has also inspired me to make a better sdconfig so that hard reseting isnt so bad, and at least my email accounts and a few apps come back right away