View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 AM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid
anyone have a fix for the messaging popup? it's annoying to have the messaging app pop up out of no where. any fix?

I was going to say no, there is no known fix, but it's a known quirk on many 6.5 ROMs, and hardly important on any functional level. I was going to say that many of us have just learned to deal with it. I was going to point out that the question gets asked every few pages or so...

I was going to say those things, but now I think I would have been wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
go to messaging, tools, options, message tab and check display account picker.
^^^^

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we may have a winner!

Turning the 'account picker' back on? Really that's it? It just might be...If you have experienced the random messaging popups, please try this and report back.

You know how human nature leads us to try sometimes way too hard to solve something, and we end up completely over-thinking the problem? Well, call me crazy, and I would love some help confirming this, but I think with that one simple recommendation, by changing just that one seemingly harmless and insignificant setting, I think bruceo just put the smackdown on the [functionally insignificant, but irritating] 'messaging popup' that has been hanging around for so many recent builds.

I read his post, and although I didn't make much of it at first, I realized that all the recent EnergyROM builds (and tons of other ROMs) have cooked-in the account picker as OFF. Not only that, but if I had ever noticed it ON, I would have manually turned it OFF as I only have one email account -- and I have never given it a second thought, till now. It just made natural sense -- but maybe that's where the trouble starts. Bruceo's post got me thinking, and eventually I figured that I should at least *try* his suggestion even if it seemed way too obvious to actually work -- well blow me down! I haven't seen a messaging popup once since I changed it yesterday. Not once -- and my IMAP gmail in pocket outlook is still working just fine.

If you have experienced this, you know what I am talking about. Please try turning your account picker back on -- and let us know if that helps suppress unwanted messaging popups.

Last edited by askwhy; 08-07-2009 at 08:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.