View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro2 Video Showing 3.5mm headset jack!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Why, because RAM was cut once in the history of their devices compared to other carriers? Honestly, I don't even believe that it was Verizon's decision. What benefit would it have had for them? Obviously it wouldn't have been a huge cost difference. Maybe Sprint demanded increased RAM, and Verizon had no knowledge of it.

I love how people blame Verizon for that, when they're not the ones who manufactured the device. Blame HTC.
I'm not an expert on cellphone parts cost but judging that ram isn't going up hardly at all and best we got is 288mb ram, but rom they can easily do 32gb would probably say that RAM may be one of the most expensive parts..they may save like $100 just by putting in half the ram. But again I am not an expert on this...just my 2 cents.
________
Claus Luthe

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:13 PM.