View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post

Although it says SprintTV, the service is actually provided by Mobi (as in, MobiTV). I'm not sure how deep the similararities between the systems are (although SprintTV almost duplicated the MobiTV channels perfectly), and as Mobi is independant of any carrier, it is possible that they could bill VZW for the service as a MobiTV service. They may not know the difference without Sprint being an intemediary.

BTW, showed it to our Sprint Rep at work. He made me install it on his MotoQ. Surprisingly, it worked, but we weren't able to get video.... we aren't EVDO though, so I think that may have something to do with it. I can't use it on my Apache without a WiFi connection or it buffers every few seconds.
I don't see HOW they could charge VZW users, they do not have any info on us, it isn't like we filled out a form to download or anything, but the next bill will answe that for all of us...I used it a bit (but not too much just in case), and will report back with my first bill (in about a week)!!

As far as the wi-fi thing...I don't have the buffer problem on 90% of channels with my EVDO, so I think it is more based on the device/signal that wi-fi vs. other connections!!!!
I do agree, this is a great streaming program, I am loving playing with it !!