View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
nomad_delta
PPCGeeks Regular

nomad_delta is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Has anyone else noticed that under Settings/Persona/Buttons there are quite a few additional buttons listed? I see the following:

PTT (Hold) - Camera
Contacts - Contacts
Calendar - Calendar
Web - Internet Explorer
Send (Hold) - TaskMgr
End (Hold) - EndKey
Messaging - Messaging
SMS - SMS
IM - BeejiveIM
CV - YouTube

...some of these buttons actually exist but are only on the TP's slide-out hardware keyboard, like the SMS/TXT, Messaging, Web, etc. Having access to these is great since every other ROM I've seen (including stock) only allowed configuring the Send button.

However, I'm curious what the PTT(Hold), IM, and CV buttons are -- as far as I know my TouchPro doesn't actually have any of these? (I wish it did, that's one of the big drawbacks of the TP for me compared to the Titan/Mogul -- not enough configurable hardware buttons. I'm particularly sad about the lack of a dedicated camera button...) I suspect these buttons got included since this part of the ROM was imported from some other device that actually has them?

That said, I have to plug the Raphael Keyboard Configurator utility I found by Tarkim over at XDA the other day... so far it's working great and it allows completely customizing actions for every single button and key on the TP, including the home/ok/send/end/power/center/volumeup/volumedown buttons and every single key on the hardware keyboard. You can assign separate actions for click, double-click, and hold for each key. It's absolutely awesome, and it does so in a very low-level device driver way so it intercepts the button presses before anything else gets them and thus avoids conflicts. I heartily recommend considering it for possible inclusion in future versions of the ROM as I haven't encountered any drawbacks thus far.

Cheers,

--nomad_delta