View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Is there a better text messaging app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i personally hate vito sms. i actually just tried it again because i thought it might have gotten better, but it hasn't. #1 problem, it doesn't work with arcsoft mms. its also slow, lags ridiculously, and no matter what skin i tried over the course of the last hour, it was a completely terrible experience. i wouldn't mind something like smiley sms or whatever its called, that puts the iphone like bubbles into the default messenger app if it supported mms and wasn't so buggy. after having a few thousand texts in your inbox with the default app though, it tends to lag quite a bit when closing one person's thread and opening another. the top bar kinda disappears for a while, while it refreshes your list of threads. that's extremely annoying. and the size of the arcsoft picture icon in the thread is not very finger friendly if at all. i find myself pushing on it 5 or 6 times before i have to grab my stylus, which is annoying. same for the "message could not be sent" red text that resends, another thing i have to push a bunch of times. but i'd rather deal with that than the overall laggy experience with vito's software. its a nice idea, but very poorly executed.
Definitely disagree with you. First of all you have a few thousand text messages....that's going to slow down anything that uses threaded text msgs.

I recently cleaned out about...18,000 text from my phone. And everything is running incredibly smooth.

Vito is very nicely executed. Very fast, no keyboard lag, different skins. I haven't had a problem with it.