View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
slightlyevolved
N00b

slightlyevolved is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would like to confirm this. An error 7000 is a channel not found error. Same as 404 for HTTP. I've gotten that more than a few times since I've been using streaming back in the day when a Sanyo 8300 was a hot, brand new phone. It'll pop up, then it'll pass. I can't think that I've ever seen the error for more than an hour. If that.

Also, for those of you with VZW using this, I can't say for sure if you'll be charged or not, but FYI;

Although it says SprintTV, the service is actually provided by Mobi (as in, MobiTV). I'm not sure how deep the similararities between the systems are (although SprintTV almost duplicated the MobiTV channels perfectly), and as Mobi is independant of any carrier, it is possible that they could bill VZW for the service as a MobiTV service. They may not know the difference without Sprint being an intemediary.

I'm just taking a wild guess on the situation, so take that as you will. The error 7000 is not a guess though

BTW, showed it to our Sprint Rep at work. He made me install it on his MotoQ. Surprisingly, it worked, but we weren't able to get video.... we aren't EVDO though, so I think that may have something to do with it. I can't use it on my Apache without a WiFi connection or it buffers every few seconds.