View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Just a heads up to anyone using the modified internet tab manila -- after getting some more feedback about the lag associated with loading all the beautiful 90x90 icons that are cooked into the ROM, I have done some tests with converted, lower resolution versions of those icons and I am pleased to report that it loads very, very quickly -- no significant difference from the stock tab loading time even in the loaded+ style. Previously, each PNG being called might be from 7k - 15k as cooked-in and now each one being called will max out at less than 3k with the versions I will provide. It made all the difference.

Over the next few hours I am gonna do a few more tests, then release some updated files with small icon sets (reduced size versions of existing EnergyROM icons) included.