View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
canospinach
Regular 'Geeker

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
FYI - I spoke to someone internally at Sprint who supposedly knows...

its my understanding after a brief conversation with someone at Sprint that the "7000" error is similiar to a web 404 error in that the channel for whatever reason (proxy server, bandwidth, who knows) just cant be connected to. Give it a bit and try again.

The Sprint TV app is simply a proprietary media browser for their streaming content. Currently sprint customers will be billed based upon their channel subscriptions (if a CSR implied or told you otherwise that you would not be billed, they were mistaken). If you dont have any extra subscriptions then the base is included in the PowerVision. Since it is only a web stream over the Data connection Verizon users at some point may or may not be charged. Sprint appears to be aware of the issue and has said they will address it "down the road" (unsure what he meant by that as far as time) and that unauthorized users will be shutoff.

I personally have used it now on 2 devices a Mogul (various OEM and custom WM6 ROMs) and an Apache (custom WM5 and WM6 ROMs) with little or no issue other than the occasional channel not being available. Best "TV" i have yet to try