View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:28 AM
chaoscreater
Lurker

chaoscreater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

Hahah I did something similar for my PSP. I bought a PSP on a site called Trademe, it's like Ebay but it's mainly for New Zealanders / Australians. Anyway the PSP was really cheap and it still has warranty, but the screen was scratched, so I bought it and bricked it on purpose so that it doesn't boot at all, and used the warranty to replace for a new one.

I not only got a brand new PSP, but it was limited edition as well, it was a normal white SLIM PSP but the back of the PSP ring is green instead of silver, so i think that's a limited edition......

Anyway I think it might work for u, except that to install the audio fix, don't you have to install HardSPL first?

If you do install HardSPL, then you have to restore to the Stock SPL first, or else they'll know you modified ur fone coz part of the replacement process for a fault is obviously that they send back to the manufacturer to fix the problems first, and if they can't fix it, then they'll replace a new one for you.

I knew that for PSP, it will definitely work for me since I bricked it by deleting the idstorage keys. That basically kills all the information on the PSP, making it not respond to any keys, as well as the power on key. That way, there is no way to recover unless you use this special program which I know SONY won't use since it's part of the PSP hacking community's program....

anyway the point is, for HTC phones, they can definitely find out whether your SPL is stocked or not. If you have modified your phone and have installed custom ROMS, chances are you won't be able to trick them.