View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
jdm627
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I still hold that the rate of battery drain is far too specific to the individual user to push for all sorts of battery saving edits to be cooked into the ROM. This ROM is geared towards performance at the expense of battery life. The first post I ever read regarding Energy ROM said it was a "Ferrari" and will use up a lot of fuel...but the trade off is performance.

I also stand behind the claims that the stock TP had horrible battery life and MANY reg edits and adjustments needed to be applied to get the device to last for more than a few hours. The stock ROM has soooo many features enabled it just drank battery. In order to get my Stock ROM to perform the way I wanted to, I needed it teathered to a charger.

I bet if you really committed to improving the battery life of your device running this ROM, you'd be surprised at what can be done. Changing radios, adjusting the polling for various features, disabling data after you're finished iwth it, disabling any "automatic updates", reducing the frequency of email syncs, etc.

I mean, you made ONE reg edit and got twice as much battery life out of it...keep playing with it. I've never once had the device die on me. The closest it came was when I spent a day out in the woods...roaming/constanly searching for a signal will kill your battery.

...and I mean this all with calm respect. I didn't intend to come off harsh or anything.
I totally aggree with you in the most of your points.
One question, Waths the reason because this ROM polling 5000 and in the Stock come with 25000 and yor recomendation it's 20000.
Waths the technical explication?