View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
socialsavant
Lurker

socialsavant is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pandora 1.1.10+TCP Fix+VGA Fix=C++ Error on TP

First, I just want to say thanks to all who have helped to get ANY part of Pandora working... Thank you very much...

I have been trying a couple differents combinations on my Touch Pro (6850) and so far have been able to only get Pandora beyond the C++ Error mentioned above by installing clean Pandora 1.1.10, .NET CF 3.5, Adv. Config 3.3; adjusting the TCP to 98xxx; starting Pandora.

Notice the LACK of overwriting Pandora.exe (as in SumCrazyGuy's fix). This, of course, means I still have a "wonky" VGA display... boo...

But it works! I am using the stock rom and probably should mention that I do not have a Windows Box (ie. no ActiveSync). I had to manually install the .NET CF using some intermediate Linux skills (Thanks to all those Wine Devs/Users and a small hint on the MS website). I do not yet see how the manual install has effected anything, if it has, but I think it is worth noting.

I offer these words in order to show that Pandora can be made to work still, even on the Wonky TP, but also to mention that I too am experiencing this C++ Debug Error.
--Everytime I type Debug Error I can't help but think that the .NET is involved somehow...hmmm...--

P.S. I saw the short blog entry on Pandora's site about the Blackberry version of Pandora being highly improved and offering options to listen to HiFi streams! Wouldn't that be cool to have on a WinMo Device! Any thoughts/ideas???

Update: I have now had Pandora crash to the MS Crash Report Prompt twice in the last 30 minutes. Once after only playing one song and the second time after several songs/minutes. I have noticed that it only seems to crash when a song finishes...

--socialSavant
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technological progress has only provided us
with a more efficient means for going backwards.
--Aldous Huxley (Early 20th Century Writer)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by socialsavant; 07-30-2009 at 06:04 PM.