PPCGeeks Regular

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezyfeezy View Post
Here's what I did:

1. Created folder on root of my device called "Android" (without " " marks)
2. Put the following files in that folder: haret.exe, initrd, zImage, and default.txt
3. Go to my sd card and place system.img on the root of the sd card (not in any folder).
4. Go back and run haret.
5. Enjoy Android and donate to devs.

If that process doesn't work for you, not sure what is going on. Could have something to do with what you are changing in the default.txt. I am on sprint and didn't change the log/pw info and it still works fine. Screen is set to 3. Good luck.
I think that's the 2nd thing i did.
On the default text i changed my log to my xxxxxxxxxx@mymetropcs.com and pw to metropcs.
and the screen also to 3.

I also tried installing the cab by eTiger13.
When i tried running haret it said:

The file 'haret' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

So I am going to try reinstalling it, if it don't work, i'll try the android folder again. then i'll giveup...

WELL , im sure i'll keep looking. I really want android on my vogue!!!

WelL I read something about the sd card if its smaller it'll run better, so i put in my 512mb and it worked.
Although i don't want to use that one because its not that much memory and i usually download a few programs that probably won't fit on this one.

Last edited by dianakcv; 07-30-2009 at 07:55 PM.