View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723V (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rg1n1a54 View Post
how good is this rom on battery life. i've went thru like 8 roms in the past 3 days. i want one tht doesnt freeze with good battery life. i'll charge my phone all night and it dies within 5 hours of barely any use. i'll txt on it thats it....any suggestions?
To be honest, all roms can only do so much(ppc+usage=crappy battery life) and in the end most roms give you about the same battery life. Juicy roms are good on battery and you will see improvements over the stock rom. Some roms are configured to poll the battery less often so it will appear like you have better battery performance, but the meter will catch up eventually! If you are only getting 5 hrs, with light usage, than you clearly have a battery issue. The other thing is by flashing over and over, the battery is not recalibrating so you really will not know it's true performance if you keep switching roms every day. You really almost have to flash a rom a keep it for a few days and charge cycles to really determine how it performs. Couple things though to improve battery out of the gate:
1. Activesync, if you are using, set it to a longer duration or only push email when you need.
2. turn beam off in settings>system>connections
3. turn off auto backlight and lower the display which will use less power.
4. make sure the phone is set to go in sleep mode in under 1 minute. your phone only uses like 13ma of power with the display off and 75-93ma on.

I use my phone moderately and after 9 hrs or so I still have 40% or more. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Riley; 07-30-2009 at 09:17 AM.