View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 AM
jdm627
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
For people with battery problems try this. It's a repost of mine from last month. I do this everytime I flash now and my battery life is MUCH improved. It has worked for a lot of other people too:

I've been working on the two most annoying problems for me. Battery drain and the problem where at the end of a call sometimes the screen would stay black and the phone would freeze. I was over on XDA going through the InCall Screen Tweak thread. For those that may not know, this app is cooked in and controls power and screen function during a call. Reading through the thread, some users were commenting on extreme battery drain with this app. Same rate as most of us. They also were having issues with the end of call lock ups. Here is what I came across and it seemed to have fixed both my problems. Although I have only tested for about 4 hours.

I was seeing at least 10% battery drain an hour before this reg edit. After, I am down to what I remember as a normal 1-2%. I tried the reg edit 3 times back and forth to verify. Also I placed about 25 calls and had no end of call lock ups

Here is a link to page 71 of the thread where one user had done extensive testing on battery drain while using this app and this reg edit. Previous pages (69) also contain good battery drain discussions. Overall the thread is great and the developer looks to be very responsive.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...488991&page=71

And here is the reg edit:

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0

Make sure to soft reset
In our Energy ROM Mercury you don't need to do that.
Only go to Touch Incal and take the best you want.
Start-Utilities-Tweaks-InCall Power Manager