View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 02:56 PM
veggie-man
Lurker

veggie-man is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backlight manager

I generally don't need my backlight as I am in the office, metro, or bus all day. And since it absolutely drains the battery, I just turned it off(and I think most people do too). This has worked out quite well with increased battery time, however I do run into problems with it. When I go outside or am by a window, it gets quite hard to see the screen as the glaring light makes the screen look way too dark.

I recently installed a program which reads the angle, and more applicable to this idea, the brightness of the surroundings when you have a call, so it will lock your screen when you are mid-call(when you push the phone up to your face, it will become much darker which will then cue the screen to lock, so you don't push any buttons).

With this brightness concept in mind, does anyone know of a program that reads the brightness of your surrounding area, and when it is very bright out(a brightness level which would be modifiable) the backlight will turn on so you can actually see the screen?

I've searched and couldn't find one, but if someone knows of a program that does this, please let me know!