View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
echomatics
Regular 'Geeker

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 27th ||

Quote:
Reception... 1st of all i know that a rom should not effect reception, but hear me out! so at home i only get 1-2 bars...usually plenty to receive calls and make them with an occasional dropped call(5-10/mth) for the last 2 weeks, when i am at home my phone just goes straight to voice mail whether i have 1 or 2 bars.
so i down graded to stock sprint rom and didn't see a big difference, then i had a brand new phone i had purchased for my wife, i activated it on my account and the reception was amazing!!! i thought for sure it was my other phone, then i unlocked and flashed to EnergyROM, and Instantly i notice the Reception was absolutley destroyed, i tried every radio believed to help Sprint and NOTHING, i then dropped back to an old EnergyROM from 7-3 and Vohalah i have good reception again??? any ideas? when i get another minute i'm going to drop back to stock again and see what happens but it seems like for sure on sprint there is some kind of issue or conflict with these new roms and the radio.
the initial symptom i noticed was the bars going from 0 to 2 to 0 to 2 and so on. where as with the old EnergyROM it doesn't do that.

i am up to trying anything if anybody has any ideas, i'm in Gilbert, AZ on Sprint and my coverage is usually GREAT.
Now that you said this I have noticed 2 calls in the last 20 hours that went straight to VM....ummmm I wonder.