View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 27th ||

Flashed 7/27 last night, no significant issues. Flashed 7/28 this morning, no significant issues. NRGZ -- did you stay up all night cooking again? Get some rest man...and thanks!

Flash>Hard Reset>Initial Setup>Sashimi>Sync>Test : All went smoothly.

New startup animation and sound (especially the new sound) are just downright sexy! Kudos to NRGZ and CM for making that happen!

InCall Screen Tweak is definitely there somewhere even though the icon isn't, because it is sill functioning when you are in a call -- anyone wondering can test it yourself and see. My regfile settings for it also applied and work just fine. Likewise with Opera, which is there and working just fine loading from the Manila tab or 'All Bookmarks'.

Voice Command cooked-in is cool with me as I use it. It seems to have 'Enabled' unchecked and 'Password Protected' checked by default, just FYI for anyone who uses it. Nice to see such an updated version too. Thanks!

The updated (23009) method for moving icons on the start menu is gonna make a lot of people's lives easier. It also uses the 'favorites' tags in the registry which seem to override the 'rank' (someone correct me if I am wrong on that). So, if you have customized things based on rank, and then move ANY object(s) with the tap and hold, they will subsequently stay where you put them with tap and hold, ignoring future rank changes. This will be good for some people, and will take some getting used to for others. Again, just FYI.

The Reset button not requiring confirmation is sweet, and a little scary, but mostly sweet.

Something that I never noticed before, and I assume it's part of the Manila port, is the very tip top of a purple icon and some text at the bottom of the 'Stocks' tab in portrait mode (under the Manila tab bar) -- pretty sure it is a Yahoo icon with the word 'Finance' next to it. Was that always there or is it something showing up in recent updates from xbox or what? It is nothing I would use anyways -- I am just curious...

Basically everything is smooth and stable here so far...another sweet EnergyROM!