View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
brownhornet
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Suggest for Windows Mobile: Official Google Voice App

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
This statement is not true. In 2008, there were more WinMo hansets sold than Iphones. Symbian came in on top with BB under them, this is worlwide, not just in the U.S., which actually makes up a small percentage of smartphones sold. Now with nothing truly new being introduced this year with WinMo, its sales will slump compared with 2008. With the introduction of 3GS (which does add features and a new look and Apple's marketing schemes) sales will rise for Apple with a truly new handset (I personally still think it sucks). Also with HTC'c introduction of Her for the Android platform, sales will rise substantially as this is truly something new and different for Android with more memory, better hardware, sexier hardware, and a very marketable ui called Sense. What is the "hottest" is not necessarily true from the first half of a year to the next halk, and definitely untrue when comes the next year. Now when winmo7 comes, MS better market that OS themselves, and do a good job of it, and not fail a large group of people's expectations beacause of that marketing, like the Iphone has done. I have read many forums on other sites about people dropping the Iphone and going to something else because it did not meet expectations. And to note, I used an Iphone while I was was waiting for my free TP from Sprint when I dropped my Mogul, and during that time I got online so I could find out how to 'jailbreak" that thing, and my friend still left his Iphone, sold it on ebay, saw my TP and he uses the TP for business and this little flip for personal. The Iphone is not all that it is cracked up to be, its a bunch of hype that is well marketed, which by the way is something MS could learn from Apple.
This was meant to be just the first few scentences, then turned out to be more, got a little off topic.

Im simply telling you what I hear from the INSIDE. For most developers going forward WinMo is a dinosaur, Iphone is whats hot, BB is the standard business phone and Android is the future. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with it.