View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Adrynalyne
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cooking on the Verizon Samsung Omnia SCH-i910

I get a lot of requests via private messages and threads on how to cook. Now, I honestly do not have time to go through all of the intricacies of cooking with each request, so I am making this guide in hopes to help out the aspiring chefs out there. This will go into greater detail than needed, like you are starting from scratch. My kitchens are ready to cook, so the initial extraction procedures can be ignored.

Tools needed
SYOK, the i900 kitchen. Not all of the tools in it work, but enough of it does to build a rom.
http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syok.html I had trouble downloading it from his page, so I will also upload a copy.
Updated osnbtool.exe. I don’t think SYOK has an updated version of this, so you can get it from this thread (attached).
A Rom updater. At the time of writing, CF03 is the official update. Download it, and unzip it to get access to the executable.
XIP Kitchen. This is used to port XIPs (basically the core and kernel files) from other OSes/OS builds.
It is attached to this thread.

http://gilson585.info//adrynalyne/Blank_Kitchen.7z

Alright. Now that we have the tools we need its time to get started.

Extraction—Phase 1
Cooking instructions are different for whichever OS you are intending to use. Not by much, but they are different. The intial setup is the same. So step by step to setup your blank kitchen:
1. Copy the CF03 updater to the base folder of the kitchen. Take the file, and drag it to ExtractROM_bin.cmd. This will extract the appropriate folders and files (save for ROM folder).
2.Delete the contents of the ROM folder. Copy imgfs.src from the base of the kitchen and dump.exe from the \Tools directory into the ROM folder.
3.Execute shell.cmd file in the base of the kitchen. From this command prompt, type this command, exactly as seen: osnbtool –d os.nb 1 xip.bin
4.This will extract a xip.bin into the base of the kitchen. Take this file and copy it into the ROM folder.
5.Drag the xip.bin file onto dump.exe. This will extract the appropriate files and create a XIP subfolder. You now have a working kitchen.
Phase 1—Complete
Attached Files
File Type: zip WQVGA Resources.zip (1.47 MB, 155 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip osnbtool.zip (102.4 KB, 136 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip XIPKitchen_Beta2.zip (4.14 MB, 231 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 07-31-2009 at 07:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 16 times.