discipler
PPCGeeks Regular

discipler is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
only trouble im having is my Data connection some times it wont come on @ all ive tried updating the PRL and profile

reinstalled the rom 3 times ( clear storage 4 times i would guess )
Sporkman, I was referring to this comment of yours. Using Advanced Configuration tool, you can see the Power Management options and also under the Menu (bottom right soft button) there are more settings for the "connections". Here you can force the DATA connection to be "always on". I am thinking it means quicker access to websites and other data tasks instead of the phone having to turn on the Data first. Prior to changing this (running MightRom6) I could go into SETTINGS>COMMUNICATIONS>DATA CONNECTION and turn it on. It would then turn off in seconds. Not any more.

So here it is again: If you DATA CONNECTION is not coming on or not staying on and you are running one of these energy savings Roms, the DATA CONNECTION may be "enabled", but it is not "always on". Download Advanced Configuration Tool (search on PPCGEEKS) and change the setting: Menu>More Settings>Connections. Tap on DATA and change to "always on". If it uses more energy, I'm not noticing.