View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 PM
mcmilliron
Lurker

mcmilliron is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Give Up! Ready to throw phone out the window!!!

Wogenst, it looks like we are in the same boat. My Omnia is useless with the new Rom installed. I've had some battery drain issues with the old Rom, and I think it has to do with my Omnia constantly switching from Verizon's EVO network to 1X, but the new Rom is even worse. It goes from 4 bars down to nothing about every 20 seconds when I'm driving. I live in Cleveland so if any of you live in Cleveland, could you please post your signal strength?

Issues with the new Rom:

1. touch scrolling in Phonebook and Programs still completely sucks. How did they not fix this???

2. Texting bug drives me nuts! Having to go back into the text thread multiple times to clear the text alert is rediculous! How did they not fix this!

3. I don't use the Omnia keyboard (TouchPal rules) but I can't believe they didn't fix the t9 keypad issue where using the I/U key pulls up U instead of I! That's rediculous!

4. Battery drain seems to be worse but I could be wrong. It was bad enough before.

5. GPS rarely locks and I've tried everything in this forum! I am tempted to flash back to the original Rom (is it available somewhere?) but I really want Google Maps and Bing to recognize my location. This is upsetting me more than anything else. Maybe it is a Cleveland/Ohio issue? I thought it might have been my MS3 that was causing the issue but I wiped my phone and left it set to the base settings and it still rarely gets a lock. I may take my phone back and see if they will replace it. There must be something wrong with it.

Maybye I'm just getting old but I'm getting tired of having to "tweak" my phone to get it working properly. Samsung and Microsoft both really need to stop releasing half ***** products. Between my Omnia and Windows Vista, I think I'm beginning to understand why people love Apple.
I am a diehard Microsoft user but I have just about had it with their half ***** products. Have any of you tried their Facebook app? What a joke! The touch scrolling is terrible. Windows 7 and Windows mobile 7 better be amazing or Microsoft may as well forget about their home users and just focus on their business customers.

Anyone have any advice on my Omnia issues? I won't flash to a custom rom because I can't afford a new phone if I brick it.