View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (21921) ** || Built July 22nd ||

YOUTUBE. I don't think the app that's cooked in or the fix work. The fix will temporarily restore video, but it's not a long term fix at all.

For those whose lives depend on watching YouTube videos, you can go to m.YouTube.com through Opera and watch anything you want. You can even favorite the site for quick access through the Internet tab and do anything you can do with the app. You'll lose the show off factor of the slick app, but you'll be able to watch video...and isn't that the point?

----------------------------

REMINDERS: my reminders and on screen pop ups have worked fine on this new build 7/22. Using Opera did not break the configuration in Sounds & Notifications. I had this issue on the previous builds and wasn't able to resolve it, aside from going in to Sounds& Notifications and resetting the config. [I just did another test, still good - reminders pop up fine for now]

--------------------------

DIALER: I just tested and was able to dial a phone number using the dial pad and make a call. I'm using the "RD" version on 7/22 and have experienced no phone bugs yet. I don't think I even installed the pop up fix. ...maybe a skinning issue or are you using Tachi?

-------------------------

"Ring AND Vibrate": I use Ring Then Vibrate, but can get both to function perfectly on my device. Try changing the option to something else [change your ringer too] and test it out using the little play preview. Set it. Close out. Call your phone to see if the new settings stick. Then go back in and try to set it to your liking. You might also experiment with other ringtones and settings to see what works and what doesn't.

-----------------------

BACKLIGHT [phone powers off] - I like to keep my device on at all times when connected to a power source, but noticed it may still powerdown regardless of the settings. There is likely a power saving feature cooked in or something that's creating the conflict. I know in TeleNav I can set the backlight on at all times, and i think it overrides whatever is powering down the device otherwise.

----------------------

SOFT KEY REASSIGNMENT: I have my right soft key set to "Camera" now. I used TouchPro Tweeks.

SoftKey Manager only seems to work for Titanium.

--------------------

FACEBOOK: you CANNOT link your contact card and your profile...to get your picture. Everything else works. Read the guide in my sig for instructions on how I got it to work and what to expect it not to do...like update YOUR contact picture. That's really the only thing that doesn't function. As a workaround, save your facebook pic to your device and try to set it to your contact card. <---this may not work or may take a few tries, if it's important to you...keep playing with it. You may run into the "red screen" bug when setting a contact photo...if you can't back out of the red screen, soft reset.

------------------

WAKE UP WHEN STYLUS OUT: ...doesn't work. I don't think I've seen it working. I had this feature only on the Stock ROM and frankly, haven't missed it. It was certainly cool...but not an essential function and I've yet to see a fix for it.

------------------

The only new bug I've hit on this new build is that the onscreen keyboard doesn't pop up the letters when you press them. ...subsequently, my empire is crumbling.

This post has been thanked 1 times.