Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
DogGuy
PPCGeeks Regular

DogGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Just in case anyone is wondering - tried the Alltel firmware last night - 1 minute into the call - "I can't understand a word you are saying" - Oh well - so much for that. That was with a headset that works great with the 6700 and other phones. I'll try the WM5 firmware update this weekend. If anyone who KNOWS about the BT issue and has actually tested for it and confirmed it goes to WM5 on the 6800 please do post your findings.
Not sure what help this will be but... On Sprint stock roms my Plantronics 665 was choppy to the point of unusable, but the rom itself was stable. With both WM6 and WM5 Alltel roms my BT sound was cleared up almost completely, however with BT turned on I could crash the Alltel cores at will. Unless I was very careful, my 6800 would not be powering back on from standby so long as BT was enabled. With BT disabled, Alltel's WM5 and WM6 were both very very nice cores. So the Alltel OS did fix the sound, but brought in an equally bad bug of crashing the system. You can see my old thread on it if you search for "I can crash the Alltel OS at will... woot?"

My .02 FWIW,
- DogGuy

Edit -- Side Note: Since I bricked my last 6800 and had Sprint replace it, I have not tested the Alltel roms. When I finish my custom work I'll give it a go and see if the bugs are still the same.

Last edited by DogGuy; 10-23-2007 at 02:12 PM.