PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Quick question as I was contemplating up'ing to 4 last night. I think I read in the thread somewhere NOT to let the Sprint Customizations run after installing the ROM.

two questions with this:

1) I also think I saw where you simply soft reset as soon as the customizations start running.
2) Does your rev remove all the stuff that is stored in Ext rom (I assume that is where the customizations run from)

Ok.. so there are 3 questions.

3) If I toast the device and need to take it back to Sprint, I know to put it back to WM5 standard, but do I need to get the standard ext rom stuff back in there or just not worry about it.

Sorry... semi-noob with some of this, but I'm learning fast. I may get some more stability if I'm screwing up and letting the customizations run.

Thanks for your help.
Well, in build 4 I removed the ability to autorun the ext_rom. It's contents will still reside in the ext_rom partition, but will not auto customize. Of course, if they do.. soft-reset right away to prevent them from loading and notify me about it. But i guess that kind of answered question 2 also, that no it does not remove the ext_rom contents.
Now, if you did happen to toast your device(very unlikely) and had to take it back to Sprint, go here: http://www.utstar.com/pcd/phone_down...carrier=Sprint to download the stock WM5 standard rom that came on your device. This will also automatically put the ext_rom back how it was nomatter what you did to it before. So anything goes wrong, flash back to the rom provided for download via the link I gave you and you will be all set.
I hope I helped answer all of your questions, and if you do decide to go for build 4 I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by robmayer; 10-23-2007 at 11:34 AM.