View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
meanfishy
Almost a VIP

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Navigation update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I have been goin over the latest sprint nav cab files.
I would not use sprint diamond 2.1.7.
It is a HUGE cab (3mb) AND uses much older files than sprint raphael 2.1.10
The actual exe file are same 1meg size for both.

Sprint nav 2.1.23 uses newest exe and dll files, and has larger exe file so I would assume more advanced.

One reason is that it has extra capabilities that are not enabled like the original Telenav has, like WEATHER UPDATE.

Here is what you need to do:
Install either latest SprintNav cabs in order to get your pin.
If you know it, skip this step.

Goto tools&extras / about / My account info
Retrive your pin (for use on telenav cab)

It does not matter that Sprint cab is installed on your device, you dont have to uninstall.You can have both.
In the past I actually needed Sprint version installed before the Telenav.

SOOOO.....
Install this newest telenav cab and you will be happy
I give you a choice of three:
Modified by me with regedits from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427888
Un-modified pick your carrier here: http://ota.telenav.com/otadownload/d...product.action
Orig latest Sprint cab.

keaolyen please update first post as I didn't want to start new thread with this info, thanks.
Goodluck to all.
I am having some troubles with the TeleNav cab. I installed it on the device along with the modified sprint cab.

I ran the sprint cab first and it loaded to the screen wanting me to pay, which I have never had to do before, plus I have the unlimited data plan.

I then ran the TeleNav cab and it would not go past the screen saying "telenav top L corner. Sprint Navigation v2.1 and the warning do not input data while driving" it will not proceed past this screen no matter how long I wait.

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!