View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 PM
nvdeb
N00b

nvdeb is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile You guys are awesome, been reading for days have a ?

Okay, first off all the work you folks do is amazing! I can't tell you how great it is that you do this stuff. I have been reading for days as I really want to try this upgrading thing. I am a computer geek for sure. Love taking them apart and learning all the inner workings. Running Linux etc etc. But I digress. Anyway I get why you do this and how fun it is. So, I have just a few concerns before I attempt this. Thank you for taking the time to help me and read through this...... I got my Titan off ebay just a few weeks ago. The seller said it was a refurbished unit that he had just gotten recently. So I can see on ym phone that I have 3.56.651.0 with the radio 3.42.02. This statement scares me ( Attempting to downgrade after GPS (3.xx) upgrade can cause bricking of devices.) the reason I was concerned is what if this happens ( In some cases a custom dialer will keep you from performing
the following steps. To resolve this, you must do a hard reset.) Logic tells me if I do a hard reset cuz of some possible custom dialer issue, wouldn't a hard reset put me back at PRE GPS thus causing me to brick the phone? I have tried reading all I can and to try to think of any issues that could happen and read possible solutions before I try this. The other thing I was a bit shaky on is ( You MUST manually disable USB connections in Activesync (wmdc) Is there anything I need to close via the task manager? Last thing ( yah right ) is .....Before flashing a custom ROM to your device- CHECK bootloader to be sure it worked correctly. I can't seem to find how to check this. I probably came across it somewhere but things are starting to run together at this point (lol) So I have the basic steps figured out ( hopefully ) I figure if any of you think I might have an issue with the things I posted above and if not. I'm gonna take a deep breath and just go for it. Worse case I have an old Moto Q .....I know if I manage this sucessfully I am gonna be addicted to it....LOL Oh I thought this ROM here would be okay for my first try Mattsm Version B Sprint 23007 Yes, I am on Sprint. Thanks again guys

Deb
This post has been thanked 1 times.