View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arcsoft - Sprint - Silence/Mighty - Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivion View Post
I appreciate your time and response. However, so I don't appear to not care about the structure of the forums, I would like to comment on something.

I participate in forums at many different sites. The rules are typically the same with regards to posting. I have noticed a trend with many forums which is the reason for creating a new thread. When a thread reaches 100 or more posts (in this case I think easily there could be 1000+ posts in a single thread), the thread starter (even if subscribed) will no longer monitor the thread as it becomes too cumbersome to keep up. Also, in this case, I noticed that Mighty has a new thread to take care of with regards to his new Mighty ROM 6 release. I would imagine his hands are full. (he seems to be a popular guy here)

So in a nutshell, please don't be too hard on me (this is not aimed directly at you btw) for starting a new thread. I wasn't attempting to be a total newb, just trying to figure out how I would best get a proper response. Im just frustrated.

Ill go repost in the proper thread now.
This wasn't really with you in mind either. It was sorta too late, but the others that don't know this yet. I was hoping to catch their eye so they may see it.

I know how it is, you have an issue and you want an answer now. Blame it on adrenaline if you want, I was very careful to not sound like I was busting your balls.

The more popular roms in here need some serious thread management. This should be part of the skills a chef develops overtime with their other skills.

Like,
1. No more than 1 version of a rom to a thread. Let the old rom versions sink to the basement with their answers intact.
2. Faq/quirks in post #2
3. Pretty stuff in post #1
4. Start a new version of a rom, NEW THREAD. Period.

Those going for thread views are just causing users like yourself to get lost in a mess and creating work for the underpaid cozerators.

Now another 3-4 users have viewed this and more are informed. My post did what I intended it to do...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-18-2009 at 06:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.