View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Maxx134
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Navigation update

I have been goin over the latest sprint nav cab files.
I would not use sprint diamond 2.1.7.
It is a HUGE cab (3mb) AND uses much older files than sprint raphael 2.1.10
The actual exe file are same 1meg size for both.

Sprint nav 2.1.23 uses newest exe and dll files, and has larger exe file so I would assume more advanced.

Upon further checking the exe file, the SprintNav has extra capabilities that are not enabled.

The TeleNav version has all newer features enabled, like WEATHER UPDATE, Extra Menus, Improved graphics, More info in moving maps, Blue-ish themed interface, ect.

Best thing is that now Telenav website has most carriers updated, not just sprint.

Here is what you need to do:
Install either latest SprintNav cabs in order to get your pin.
If you know it, skip this step.

Goto tools&extras / about / My account info
Retrive your pin (for use on telenav cab)

It does not matter that Sprint cab is installed on your device, you dont have to uninstall.You can have both.
In the past I actually needed Sprint version installed before the Telenav.

SOOOO.....
Install this newest telenav cab and you will be happy
I give you a choice of three:
Modified by me with regedits from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427888
Un-modified pick your carrier here: http://ota.telenav.com/otadownload/d...product.action
Orig latest Sprint cab.

keaolyen please update first post as I didn't want to start new thread with this info, thanks.
Goodluck to all.

EDIT: Update on Telenav expiring 4 some users:
I have finally got Televav to expire by using a rom (not on PPCGeeks) that did not list phone number info in :start/settings/system/device info...
Televav expired on second try within minutes after installing.
Remedy was just installing sprint version along side.
Now both installed and working on that rom.
So solution for the Telenav expiring problem, if it ever happens to you, is to have both installed, or use another rom

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-19-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: More info
This post has been thanked 24 times.