View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Juicy, I have a solution for a common problem in these threads. Can you put a link on the first post when you drop a new ROM to the page in the thread where you released it. That way when someone (noob or just new to the thread or your ROMs) who doesn't understand your naming nomenclature ventures in they can easily got to the release post and read forward. Might help with all of the "if you just go back a few pages" replies we seem to have to post over and over again. It's your thread just a suggestion.
Very good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
+1 on this, that's a pretty good idea.

I know that when I have missed a few days worth of postings and a new build has come out, there are like 20 pages of new postings since the build, lol, and it can be a pain to hunt down the start of the postings since that build. So, even if it doesn't cut down on the noob repeat questions, it should at least help those of us that *do* read back.
Personaly if I've been away from the forum for a few days and realize there is a new ROM, I'll simply search for all posts by Juicy and locate the one where he posts about the new ROM. I read on from there.

I really really hate to ask this because I may know the answer already but....why aren't new threads created for new ROMs? If we assume that a new ROM resolves most of the previous ROM's issues, there would be no need to search the thread prior to the post for the latest release anyway. For the most part right?

On the other hand, I guess it would be harder to tell which was the latest thread because you'll always have people posting to an earlier thread if that's the rev they're still using....making that older thread appear above the newer one in the main "CDMA HTC Touch Pro Upgrades" area. Did I just answer my own question

Could always do what software developers do....stop providing support for older revisions (don't hate me). The old thread could then be closed to new posts. Food for thought. I'm probably not realizing how others may use or depend upon the previous posts in the thread.

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-17-2009 at 12:21 PM.