View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 PM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what's a "bad esn"

Bad ESN phones are also phones of users that still owe money to Sprint.
I have read throughout the years that Sprint is basically one of the few carriers that will not allow any other device on their network other than Sprint branded phones. I talked to a rep about that and they said that they have every single ESN of every phone in their data base, that is how they are able to activate and keep track of the phones.

My daughter used to have an AT&T phone, she bought an unlocked GSM phone and all she had to do was the the SIM out of her existing phone and put it in the unlocked one and viola, it worked on the AT&T network (it was a non-AT&T branded phone)

If you are buying a phone off eBay or anywhere else for that matter, always ALWAYS message the seller for the ESN and call Sprint yourself. Ask the customer service rep to check to make sure the ESN is clean. They will let you know if it is clean or 'dirty'.