View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 PM
raidzero
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Thumbs up hopefully foolproof script to easily change titanium fonts

UPDATE: check post 8 for the new mortscript which does not require the user to enter the name of the current font!

I kept thinking there had to be a better way to install titanium fonts than distributing entire CPR files. When someone installs a CPR you make they will only get support for what you had installed on your device at the time, not to mention destroy what other customizations they made. If there was only a way to search through the CPR file on the phone and replace the font names only, it would be foolproof. Enter mortscript. With this scripting language it is possible to change only the font names in the file. There will be no more "my opera panel does not have the right font now", etc. This is, in my tests at least, foolproof. I have uploaded a cab that will give you my LCD font from my other thread, but non destructive and anyone can do it. The install script will replace Tahoma and Segoe UI with the new font name, Digital-7. It will only work if tahoma is what your titanium is running, so to use this, uninstall other titanium font cabs.

Mortscript is installed with this cab.
I have also included another little script I wrote called font_set. It is for the tinkerers who would like to change fonts on a whim and know what font they currently have (not that good at mortscript to figure out which font is in the CPR file and correctly parse it, yet) and what font they want to switch to, provided the new one is in \windows\fonts.

The install script also makes a backup of your CPRs. The uninstall script restores them. this should all be ROM-independent and should also work on any titanium-enabled device.

So here it is, please tell me how it works for you.

It will put install and uninstall scripts in \program files\raidzero\lcd
the font utility script goes to \program files\raidzero and also a link is placed in the start menu programs.
Attached Files
File Type: cab raidzero Titanium LCD.cab (137.9 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by raidzero; 07-20-2009 at 01:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.