View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
t0mmyr
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: [JUL 12] *11 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
[Edit]
I just noticed that in your sig, that you had over 500 ms latency in one of your Road Runner tests. If this was done any time reasonably recently, it *strongly* suggests a problem on your end, so I would recommend trying a hardcore malware test first, if you come to the conclusion that is not likely, then check your network settings for a ridiculously huge mtu size, this is something that some tweak programs do for a slight boost in download speed, at a large cost in latency, but I have never seen it account for more than maybe 100ms lag at the most tbh, the only thing that I have seen nuke a connection that badly (from 20-30ms to over 500) is pretty much spyware. Your low upload speeds are also indicative of this.

Sorry if this is the case, but hopefully it at least helps you figure it out.
im sort of located in the desert far off from Los Angeles but not close to San Diego too, so when i pick a location i usually get a better ping from San Diego:

but sometimes it seems the Los Angeles servers are faster coming my way, even with an unsually high ping
speed not being the case today.

same when i tether my phone, sometimes speedtest will think i'm in Kansas (I assume this is the main network hub for Sprint since I think their corporate offices are here too) and Palm Springs to Kansas is a long way for a cellphone data packet to travel so the ping gets up there pretty good, usually if I choose Los Angeles it will be under 100ms. I pay for 15down/2up roadrunner so my upload has always been maxed right around 1.93-1.94mb which i think is on par for what i pay for, the download usually surprises me at times, things fly by my screen when downloading like nothing i don't think i have spyware on either my pc or laptop as the speedtest usually average out about the same, 1 running vista ultimate the other running windows 7, both using eset nod32 64bit av.