MACE
PPCGeeks Regular

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I think Juicy will be back. I'm mean come on, from TP to BB? lol in my book. He'll miss it too much. He is far too passionate about it and it shows in his ROMs Thanks for everything Juicy. Can't wait for the latest release. Peace.
I have to agree with this line of thinking as well, I had to look up the Tour to see what could possibly take someone of Juicy's calibre to a proprietary OS like that. After comparing the Tour, TouchPro, and even the Storm, as far as I can see, aside from the lack of WinMo setup hell, going to a Blackberry is nothing but a downgrade, there is not even one aspect I was able to find in which the BBs were superiour to a TP, let alone a TP2, and several in which they were not, other than again, as I said, solid reliability right out of the box, and BB legendary e-mail support.

Don't get me wrong, I think BBs are great devices, for the purposes they are designed for. But for someone that loves to customize and tweak their device, they are quite limited, which is the main reason, no almost the *only* reason I am currently using a WinMo device. (I am waiting to see where Android is at when I am ready to move to a new device, I have high hopes for it, but as of right now, its too new, not to mention lack of any CDMA device yet)

I honestly really can't see someone who likes to tweak their device very much being happy with a BB in the long run, *especially* someone as hardcore and adept at it as Juicy, but I guess we will see. It's just unfortunate to lose his expertise.
This post has been thanked 1 times.