View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 05:12 PM
phazed
PPCGeeks Regular

phazed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70709 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post

Originally Posted by phazed
Great ROM... however I have to flash to something else.

For some reason the ROM loses everything, re-installs, and brings me back to the "Tap to Begin" screen. I have seen it noted in a few posts, but never found an answer.

The first time it happened was 2 days after the first install... some heavy Google maps use and data use on a two hour drive. I get to my destination, turn the phone off.. go to turn it back on.. and BAM! Im reinstalling.

Then today, 6 days after first install.. I have the phone hooked up to my computer charging and receive a text message... unhook the phone.. and before I can Touchflo over to my new text it resets. And I'm reinstalling again. Back at square one.

I love the ROM... its truly a work of art.. and very very fast. It worked right out of the box for me, but I cant have it hard resetting on me once a week.

If you have a solution.. please let me know! I want to keep this one!

phaZed

Hey dude...I had this happen to me and was able to resolve it:

1. I did a hard reset/soft reset just to get started on the right foot.
2. Flash back to Stock ROM [easily searchable in the forums]
3. Do the hard reset soft reset dance again. After I flash, I've been hard resetting with the "Wipe Device" option rather than the hardware keys [Ive seen this suggested in a few places]
4. Flash to NRGs ROM
5. Hard Reset/Soft Reset just for good measure.

No lock ups since June 17th.

Hey ThreeFaces and Others,

Well, I flashed over to SsS-ROM last night and it lost the ROM image today while at work... So, perhaps I was a bit quick to point a finger at NRG.

I am going to follow your procedure and flash back to NRG. I'll post up what happens.

You have been thanked! Thanks!

phaZed