View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Asphyx
Halfway to VIP Status

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
I had the impression that there was Arm processor specific coding involved in porting the manila files. If all that needs be done is reformatting the graphics to a 480x640 screen, get me the raw gfx files, and I should be able to have that done in a couple days. I am a 3D modeler, and would be happy to be of assistance. And since >90% of the manila interface stuff is only 2D anyway, it should be rather trivial to reformat to 480x640. Redesigning everything to *fit* on the (smaller) screen would probably be the hard part.

Anyway, I still *highly* suspect that a good deal of coding is required to port it over, but if I can be of help graphically reformatting it, I would be happy to.

[Edit]: I suppose that I should probably make the offer over at XDA...
I would have already, but I kind of assumed it was mostly coding needed, and they probably had someone for doing gfx work already, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask..
There is some coding involved...you also have to remap the hotspot placements so they are aligned with the smaller graphics....
That so far has been the real hard part in porting the Topaz Phone Canvas to VGA. We got
Tachi instead because it was already VGA and all that really needed to be done with it was get around the SIM search issue.

I have no doubt that 2.5 Manila will be ported to VGA...
The question is gonna be do we have enough RAM ro run it and what else will need to be ported to support all the features!

I figure by the time it gets done we will all be looking for Manila 3.5 to be ported! LOL