MACE
PPCGeeks Regular

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
The new 2.5 isn't made for our phones. It is made for the TP2 or for the screen size like the TP2. It would have to be ported (change the size of the files) to work with our phone. Which will take awhile. So don't expect this anytime soon.
I had the impression that there was Arm processor specific coding involved in porting the manila files. If all that needs be done is reformatting the graphics to a 480x640 screen, get me the raw gfx files, and I should be able to have that done in a couple days. I am a 3D modeler, and would be happy to be of assistance. And since >90% of the manila interface stuff is only 2D anyway, it should be rather trivial to reformat to 480x640. Redesigning everything to *fit* on the (smaller) screen would probably be the hard part.

Anyway, I still *highly* suspect that a good deal of coding is required to port it over, but if I can be of help graphically reformatting it, I would be happy to.

[Edit]: I suppose that I should probably make the offer over at XDA...
I would have already, but I kind of assumed it was mostly coding needed, and they probably had someone for doing gfx work already, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask..

Last edited by MACE; 07-09-2009 at 03:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.