View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 PM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70709 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfung View Post
huge battery drain. 100% to 90 in five mins( no running apps) no data connection active.
help please !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
What is the total time from 100% to 0%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
I don't believe the TP gives a very accurate battery reading in 100-90% range. The better gauge would be the one stated above, about how quickly it goes from 100-0%.
That's right, I mentioned this a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Once I started making sure I turned off the data connection once I was done using it, since it seems not to turn off on its own in good time, I've found this ROM's battery life to be very good. Better than stock and on par with other custom ROMs I've used.

The battery indicator seems to drop quickly when first taken off a charger, like the reading between 100%-90% is not really accurate. But over time, during the course of a day I've found the battery life is good and the battery life meter does better once things are below 90%. (Yes I know it's been mentioned at various times even with other ROMs, that the battery meter is usually inaccurate when over 90%, but this ROM's seems to be more wacky when over 90% than others.)

I'm usually near chargers all the time, but this past week I was in situations where I was away from chargers for 8-12 hours at a time and every day by the time I reached a charger I was still above 50% battery life.
Don't let the "oh I went from 100 down to 90% fast" experience fool you. Use it for a full day and see how it compares with other ROMs by the end of the day.