Old 10-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Robtao
Regular 'Geeker

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
I think the dialer has something to do with it, but they may all be the same. The combo of Phone OFF, Dialer OFF is worst case response time.

Soft reset; Phone ON; Today Screen with Dialer never opened: 1.5 rings before the phone rings. (So the answer screen loads pretty quick with the phone ON.)
Phone ON: Dialer Open: 1.5 rings to start ringing.
Phone turned OFF with Dialer still on screen: 1.75 rings to power up and ring. (So the Dialer being on speeds loading of the answer screen? Why? The phone is on even when the screen is off.)
Phone turned OFF after Dialer manually closed (showing Today Screen): 1.5 rings to power up, 2.5 more rings to start ringing. Total: 4 rings to start ringing.
Manual (green phone button) load of dialer is less than 1 second.So why does the dialer being off double the delay even though the dialer does not have to be on before the answer screen and ring comes up?

I am hoping this will trigger genius into action… Anybody?... or there may be dialers that work faster or don’t slow things down so much?
Well, maybe I was right about the dialer. Since uninstalling BlueFrog Big Button Dialer did not fix the ring delay, I reinstalled it. Now 2 rings max!! Great. So try reinstalling the dialer for delayed ring times?