View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
tokuzumi
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Marketplace to ship with 600 Apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Demo? You think people will demo software? I mean I hope they do put some Free Apps on there, but I doubt it....it's Microsoft

And on XDA, there is a forum for just Software....in there they don't ask those questions, it's all about software and developing it

And guess what, it all located in 1 location, and these people are the best of the best, better than anyone on the Marketplace....since the marketplace will doubtfully update their apps as often as XDA's will

And I have already given my fair share to Micrsoft, why do we have to keep giving them money for things we get free?
I see your point, but....

1) Where is the XDA developer software download button on WM 5/6/6.1/6.5? Or app to search the forum for software?
2) Like mentioned above, how many of your average PPC users know about this forum, or the XDA forum? We would be considered power users. Some users keep their rom as it left the factory. They even use.....dare I say it...Internet Explorer as their primary browser. And you have 24 hours to test out the software on the marketplace, and if you don't like it, return it, no question asked.

With XDA, if you don't like an app, you just uninstall the cab, but I think this will provide software that functions a little bit better, as you will have dedicated software teams developing apps, and will have more eye candy, which will make more people want the apps. Again, I'm not insulting anyone over at XDA, or even this forum, as we have tons of cool apps, many of which I use on a daily basis, but overall this is going to be better off for all WM users, and will allow the software to reach a broader audience. Win for customers, and win for developers.