View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
tokuzumi
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Marketplace to ship with 600 Apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Ok 600....that's not alot at all, iPhone has over 50,000....and really why would use even use the marketplace? When there is a site called XDA-Dev that will probably be making the most popular apps for free on there....and guess what they already are lol
It's nice to have things in a centralized location. Plus, there's the potential to have apps that better integrate into the OS. And, let's face it....some apps are just crap, but that can be said about apps across all platforms. Plus, the ability to demo the app for a day is nice, too. Not knocking anyone on xda, as the group over there does some fantastic things...having everything in one place will hopefully mean better standardization and integration, and will be easier for the general user. How many people on this board ask "how do I unlock my phone?", or "how do I install a custom rom?". The app store will take most of the guess work away from those people.