View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_train View Post
Have updated my ROM with this update and the weird icons are gone, thanks for that. Twice though (in the last 40 mins) it has either shutdown or restarted on it's own...using 96dpi from 23001 build and the other from your download - will see how it goes.

DT
I haven't had any issues with it since I loaded it last night, but then again, I don't have the same device. Using a GWES.exe from a different build can definitely add some instability, especially considering that GWES.exe is a critical windows mobile component.

More on background GWES.exe. It is responsible for drawing all the controls on the device like scrollbars, buttons, and checkboxes. It also handles passing window messages back and forth between applications and manages the WndProcs (functions you write to receive all input directed at your window) of all of the programs on the device that are displaying UI. This is probably why the issue is "fixed". But it ultimately makes me wonder if the WinMo developers intentionally made some changes here that caused this and these issues will continue. If that is the case, at some point, swapping gwes.exe may no longer work.

Anyhow, you might want to try finding newer drivers for your device? I hope this isn't a problem for all QVGA users, but I guess we will see.