View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:11 PM
blkhwkz
PPCGeeks Regular

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by points View Post
Me too:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6143

One thing I noticed is that when I connect by cable, the gateway my device gets assigned has a 192.168.0.1 IP...which I assume is the phone. However, when I connect via bluetooth, it gets a gateway IP of 169.254.3.109...not sure what that is, but I think it's something out on the internet with that IP address. Trying to ping that 169 address gets frequent timeouts, and only works occasionally, which is exactly what happens when I try to browse sites. They work only occasionally.

I don't know if this means anything, but I'm not sure why the IP's would be assigned differently based on whether it's USB or bluetooth...that doesn't make any sense to me.

Help from any of you network gurus would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
There is nothing on the Internet with an IP address of 169.254.x.x that is a reserved set of IP addresses for networks when no DHCP server is found. They are called APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addresses.) They only route local traffic and should not route any Internet traffic. When using ICS it shouldn't matter USB or bluetooth. You could always statically assign the computer an IP address in the 192.168.0.x range and give it a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (Subnet should be 255.255.255.0) and that should work. That's at least a workaround for now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.