View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:53 PM
rudy
Lurker

rudy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Keyboard Not Working...

I bought an Alltel Touch Pro approximately 1 month ago. I've used it extensively since then and love it, but the sliding keyboard stopped working approximately a week ago. When I slide the keyboard out, it lights up, but none of the keys work. After a short while, the keys dim and pressing on them doesn't cause them to re-light.

I've flashed the stock rom and relocked it--done a couple of hard resets--no dice.

Normally I would just take it into the Alltel store and get it replaced, but--when I was installing a Zagg Invisible Shield, I goofed and set the phone down sans back cover into a drop of water. About 1/4 of the water indicator sticker is pink, the rest is white with red cross-hatch. The lady at the Alltel store said I was basically out of luck and instructed me to contact HTC and let them decide if they'll cover it under warranty (which she didn't think they would).

If HTC decides they won't repair it under warranty, does anyone have some advice on what routes I can take? Using the on-screen keyboard for typing out text message is a joke...