View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM
xPosTech
Regular 'Geeker

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Update] TP Fix! PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
Question...I installed the VGA CAB from the 1st post and copied over the .exe in the Pandora folder replacing the old .exe. When I open the Pandora app it shows the first page warning about data and the "Exit" and "OK" softkeys are bigger (that's great...thanks!). I click "OK" and it's begin to open. Shows the Windows Vista advertisement, starts "connecting" to my station but then gives an error "We're experiencing network communication difficulties. Please try again later.".

First, how is Pandora still recognizing my login information and stations after I've installed, removed and re-installed?

Second, why is it not opening?

I appreciate the help!
Like syanni85 said, the uninstall leaves the program folder wherever you installed it. The uninstall mainly removes shortcuts and references to the .exe and cleans the registry.

If you re-install to the same location (My Storage or Storage Card), most programs will not overwrite existing data files. Thus your login and password info is still available and detected by the program.

One exception to this I've found is G-Alarm. You will have to import alarms and settings or recreate them if you uninstall/reinstall or flash to another ROM.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.