View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 PM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 63009 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman44h2o View Post
Bear with me please as i am a noob to this and am not able to get this to work. I am downloading the file and it downloads as a vlc not a zip file. What do I have to do to get it to download to a zip and on to my phone to work?

Based on your question, I should say first that you may not want to rush into this. It sounds like you may not have done this before, or gotten as far as unlocking your phone, however I will attempt to answer...

The ROM is packed as a WinRAR file, so you need wither WinRAR or a more versatile zip program like 7zip -- I do not know why you have .rar files associated with VLC, but that is not how it should be. Try installing one of those programs.

Now, before you do or run ANYTHING in the ROM package - read 'How to Unlock' (this is just one method) and then 'How to Flash' which both contain instructions that are critical to understand and follow carefully.

Dont rush. Measure twice - cut once...or something like that. Good luck.