View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 PM
phazed
PPCGeeks Regular

phazed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SINNN:

I understand where your coming from. I tried to find out what screen they use (Maker/Model) but was unsuccessful. You got to understand that there are really two "screens" there is a clear touch panel that is overlayed on top of the LCD display... and simply touching the overlay *should* not have ANY effect on the screen redraw. In fact the touch overlay has a separate ribbon cable and connects directly to the Qualcomm CPU.. Therefor, any physical TAP you make doesn't directly affect the screen! Also, if it was a touch panel/screen problem.. it wouldn't make any sense that a Jog wheel or button press causes the same effect. That leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the physical screen, and has more to do with the low level machine code that produces changes to the screen.

Think of it like the Touch overlay is a keyboard on your Home computer.. the processor takes the input.. and decides what it needs to do.. then outputs it to the screen.

This is the order it works...

Touch Panel-->Qualcomm CPU-->Fill Display Controller Buffer with new frame-->Display Controller Produces per pixel changes

My screen is very hard.. and I can't feel or see ANY "sinking" into the screen when I press it. That was not the case with my 6700, so I know what you mean. And I also consider the "sinking" to be inferior in design.. but the electrical connections and sequence of events is still the same regardless.

BTW, most hardware changes are done because of:
Money - They found a cheaper supplier
Stock - A supplier could not produce the volume required
Technology - Perhaps a more efficient screen, or a different model screen is replacing another from the same manufacturer.

So it is very unlikely that any Tech at HTC will know about specific part changes.. most of the time only the Assembly line gets that heads up.