View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
Thanks for the help!
One
Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately that means every time I flash or reset it is going to download all 3 years of emails on my gmail account. Before there was a distinct setting to determine how long the emails stayed on the phone, different than how many days of messages it would download.

Two.
Interesting, bummer to hear it may be an isolated issue, I was hoping there was a fix. If someone is willing, would they try the following procedure. Click a contact and dial them, then immediatly hang up. Can you even access the phone function after that? Dial any contacts? This is happend to me on both versions of 8, although on this latest flash the phone function is MUCH faster than it was on the previous flash, it has also happend to at least one other.

I did find the Wiki, unfortunately it was quite outdated. I would edit it myself but I'm a wikidiot and I dont want to f-up the wiki for everybody else. I need to re-read a bunch of the thread pages tonight so maybe I'll try and post up the problems and fixes in the wiki, screwing it up be-damned because honestly, finding information in this thread is worse than any damage I would do to the Wiki.
There is a setting. I do it via provisioning script. Here is my setup for gmail.

Pay attention to the DWNDAY setting.

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<!-- Other Mail Settings -->
<!-- Use link below to fig out values -->
<!-- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa455896.aspx -->
<characteristic type="EMAIL2">
<characteristic type="{bef6bd14-cdcf-403f-a7a7-f4aa9055bdf8}">
<parm name="SERVICENAME" value="gmail" />
<parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="IMAP4" />
<parm name="INSERVER" value="imap.gmail.com" />
<parm name="OUTSERVER" value="smtp.gmail.com" />
<parm name="NAME" value="Your Name" />